Lifestyle photographs are fun to create and inspiring to look at. They're about re-creating real-life situations in a controlled setting and are characterized by generally bright, airy and natural-looking light. The effect is ambiance and mood. Subjects aren't posed, but allowed to interact in an everyday way with their environment. The results are natural, energetic, up-beat or romantic and oftentimes entertaining. Taught by a pro who knows her way well around the genre, this online photography course will have you building your own portfolio of lifestyle "selects" in practically no time at all.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify poignant and stunning lifestyle shots and situations
- Effectively plan and coordinate your lifestyle setups
- Select subjects and scenarios with a market in mind
- See a shot as the art buyer or editor will
- Choose dynamic environments to give your lifestyle photos that creative punch
What you will need:
- Digital SLR or compact mirrorless camera (film is also fine, provided you are able to develop and scan your images in time to complete the assignments)
- Basic photography background - this course will assume a working knowledge of the technical elements of taking a picture.
- People - by definition lifestyle photography requires that the photographer be enthusiastic and keen on being among people and interacting with them. (While some photographers may want to consider hiring models; friends, family and even pets can all make for ideal subjects.
Note: Advanced equipment such as studio flash, is not a requirement.
- Lifestyle photography - what it is and what it isn't and why smiles sell
- Concepts and coordination - how planning before hand can make all the difference.
- Subject at hand, market in mind - learning to see subjects the way art buyers see them.
- Putting LIFE into your STYLE – working with your unique environment and creativity to get the most from your picture
Enroll on this Course:
The next session of this course starts on 09 December 2013 - there are also other sessions to choose from to ensure you find the course that is most convenient for you.
To buy a place on this course, please select the session that you would like to enroll on: